Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the box!

Sadly my SSB picked up nothing on any of the frequencies, so I can only presume that the problem remains unsolved! I would loved to have listened to the race reports! I can remember last year how the boats moaned about the lack of wind as they approached Salvador. We are crossing their corridor at the moment, about 700nm off Salvador, and there is 20-25 knots S/E , with 3/4 swells at present, so the guys should be flying, if current conditions prevail when they get here! We had a 144nm day yesterday, and as at noon have 1000nm to our Cabo Frio offshore wp, and then 160 to Ilha Grande. We will probably take a chance,and make straight for Enseada das Palmas, for our first night of blissful tranquility, before checking in at Angra dos
Reis the following day.. or so, if we wake up in time!! I mentioned in one report that some AIS relative positions were wrong. Sorry, my mistake. I was looking at the screen as one would a radar screen, with bow ahead. The stand alone AIS screen always shows North at the top and yourself in the middle. So if one is going south, and the target is 8nm behind you, it looks to be 8nm in front of you! We saw our our first ship last night since Ascension, and finally worked it out! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment