Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Banned from beauty and the beaches


25/01/2011




I have been instructed by Mary to apologize to any of my blog followers whose sensitivities were offended by my anatomical observations over the week end. She has further summarily banned me from walking on, swimming on, or even thinking about Nude beaches for the foreseeable future. I guess that put me and “perkins” in the same dog box, as it were. Some of you might remember that whereas some insensitive cruisers call their engines, “the Donk”, or “Koos Diesel”, we saw fit to bestow upon our engine, a more illustrious title, in the vain hope that by showing him some respect, he would behave himself. Well, after about his fourth round of irresponsibly bad behaviour…(.blowing a raw water pump, bursting badly designed expensive rubber elbows twice, throwing an electrical wobbly,… before destroying the fresh water pump !), we decided to downgrade him from “Lord Perkins Sir” to “perkins”. Perhaps he would see the error of his ways, and try to earn his title back
.
I think that this is the same disciplinary nonsense that Mary is now trying to impose on me!! As if, just because somebody is wearing a costume, I will simply lose my imagination, and therefore stop some of my more extravagant exaggerations! We’ll see about that, but right now I’m gated!

We have just come back from Grande Marche, which is a large and well stocked Supermarket, stocked with all kinds of tasty goodies, … even beer, which for some archaic liquor licensing reasons, still cannot be stocked in RSA supermarkets, despite being available to every illegal shabeen ! We bought a case of “Cotes du Rhone” wine, which as many of you wine lovers will recognize is a sneaky French copy of that FAMOUS Simonsig wine, “Goats do Roam”. The French one is even a lot cheaper than the Simonsig one! Can you believe it?

We are now beginning to stock up the boat for our time in the BVI’s where prices are in a different stratosphere. We would like to spend about a month there, before working our way back to Antigua, to watch some of Antigua Sailing Week. Thereafter we will go via Guadeloupe and the Saints, to St Lucia in April, where we would like to watch some of the West Indies vs Pakistan cricket. From there we will visit Mustique, and the Tobago Cays, before heading off to Barbados in May, to watch more cricket, and get our 10 year visas for the USA. After that we hope to visit Tobago again, before returning to Grenada in time for our haul out and home visit in September/October.

By then I’m sure Mary will have forgotten about the ban, and I’ll sneak another visit to Orient beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment